Summer in Louisiana has given me a whole new appreciation for frozen beverages. After all, Louisiana is famous for alcohol-filled slushies like Drive-Thru Daiquiris and Bourbon Street’s iconic Tropical Isle Hand Grenade. One hot and humid afternoon, I stumbled upon Zipzicle Ice Pop Molds at Bed Bath and Beyond and I felt inspired to try my own frozen concoction – cue Tequila Sunrise Poptails. Disclaimer: I find the ice pop molds difficult to drink out of due to their ziplock-style seal at the top so I would recommend squeezing the poptail into your cup of choice.
Tequila Sunrise Poptails
Ingredients – for 8 poptails
- 2 cups of pineapple/orange juice
- 1 cup of tequila
- 12 oz. bag of frozen peaches
- Splash of Grenadine
- Combine juice, tequila and peaches in blender. Liquify.
- Using a funnel, fill ice pop molds.
- Top with a splash of Grenadine.
- Seal and freeze for at least 6 hours.