The weather in Louisiana has finally started to cool down leaving me with cravings for crockpot recipes and warm drinks. This hot toddy recipe is the perfect cocktail to warm you up and even soothe your throat if you’re battling a cold like me. After all, “When all else fails, try a little whiskey.” Isn’t that how the saying goes?
Ingredients – for one cocktail
- 1 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 1/2 oz. of honey
- 3 cloves, whole
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 lemon, juice
- 1 1/2 oz. Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey Whiskey
- Combine honey, cloves and cinnamon stick in serving mug.
- Add boiling water. Steep for 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and whiskey.