If you’re like me, you tend to be overly ambitious when buying produce. I always end up with bundles of fruit that I need to find a use for before they go bad and bananas are the worst – I swear they ripen at an accelerated rate as soon as you pick them up from the grocery store bin. I’ve tried Two-Ingredient Cookies using bananas and oats but this banana bread recipe was perfect for the rainy fall weather we’re having. Bonus: it’s gluten- and dairy-free. Play on, playa.
Paleo Banana Bread
Ingredients – for six personal sized loafs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease loaf pan.
- In mixing bowl, combine banana, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl, combine coconut flour, salt, ground cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add dry mixture to mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.